Sunday, July 19, 2015

"Myself" A Poem by V.G. Grace

I often lose myself in emotion, 

this is true.
 
Marching forward in perfect calmness, 

I strive to do.
 

Passion my blessing, 

passion my curse,
 
I expect too much, 

too soon.

Cool drinks from utopia's well 

is for what I thirst.
 

My eyes look too far ahead, 

yearning for humanity's brighter day.
 
But I find myself disappointed,

let down,

in my bed of trodden hopes, 

I lay.
 

So many victimized and harassed, 

that dream of peace and harmony 

has long since passed.
 

So I'm alone in my thoughts, 

my mind, 

my eyes, 

as indifferent bodies keep racing past, 

and time obliviously flies.
 

I think too much, 

too hard, 

too long.

Dark temptation's there to cease caring for the weak 

and glorify the strong.
 

But my passions never leave me, 

never actually depart, 

and the end result's myself

alone--

clutching what remains of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment