Monday, January 11, 2016

"A Million Times Hotter Than The Sun" Poem by V.G. Grace

A Million Times Hotter Than the Sun



Half-bitter
memories
collide
with
future gains
and losses.


Winds
are blowing
past
on the way
to 
unfamiliar
climates;

land
I see
asleep
and awake.


Breathing
corresponds
with the thumping
of my heart
in my chest--

and I take rememberance
of everything
that's been done
none too lightly,
no,
not lightly
at all.


Heat
fills
this bone
and
flesh,
while
I listen to
erratic
heart beats.


Different heat
from summer,
fills me
with half-blended
combinations
of
knowledge
and
expectation.


Tells
of who I am
and damn well
want to be--
burning
in a way
that's part eternal,
part mystery,
and
all my
own.


Last part
is energy,
to move
   within my present,
and towards the
years
ahead.


                                                              






No comments:

Post a Comment