Thursday, September 10, 2020

"Neon Wave" a poem by Victoria Grace






I am looping.

My life is

looping,

a vivid pattern,

the same pace

each time.


The sky is dark,

the stars are bright,

but my lights always glow;

a permanent

evening time.


Nothing is coming or going,

I feel perfectly calm

all the same.


Yesterday is tomorrow

and tomorrow I'll call something else,

I'll change and rename.



Today is another moment

that I sit through

apart from the future,

alive and well in the past.


My memory is forever. 

My neon is forever.


Everything in this space stays in my head,

these bright colors will surely last.


It's another visit to an inner space

hidden from prying people's view,

during a time frozen and still.


I don't wanna think

of what's to come,

but it's clear that it's something

that could punish or kill.


No, I'm staying 'round these edges,

on the corner of nostalgia,

avenue of cherished residence,

not thinking of unknown destinations.


It's quite comfortable here--

hoping the break in time

will buy some time,

maybe answer questions

of this prior sorrow and frustration.



Here's looking for a way to stay in,

not climb out

of that warmth,

apex of my childhood,

dreams that were dreamt many moons and suns ago.


Just continuing fantasy

with not a hint of remorse

trauma,

or painful echoes.


Perhaps I'll stay here forever

in the bright, beautiful, bittersweet belonging;


stretch out my hand

to reach its glare,

hoping for eternity,

sending out a message

to my prior youth.


Then the old me will know where to go,

where to stay,

and finally know the meaning of her life,

that bright, beautiful, bittersweet truth.









No comments:

Post a Comment